Friday, September 21, 2012

Preparing Canvas in the Open Air


Well this is not exactly "plein air" but it is painting outside. On these nice almost-fall-like days it is the perfect time to do messy work or gesso a large piece of canvas. Here I have been pouring and splattering paint letting the layers dry before adding the next round of color. There is also a large piece of canvas which has one coat of gesso on it. At least one more coat will be added later this afternoon. And I have included my "secret" helper; she waits until I turn my back to "sign" the art with her paw(s).

And please go see http://www.suefurrow.blogspot.com/ about the VIA magazine.!  We are famous!!

Happy Trails

3 comments:

  1. Love your studio assistant. I'll bet you've painted him before.
    Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, what an illuminating posts, I surely will bookmark your website.Best Regards! abstract oil painting- Canvas art to decorate your space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cecelia. This is a fun way to start the creative juices flowing.
      Merry Christmas,Sue

      Delete