Saturday, November 10, 2012

Beautiful Day for the Sedalia Center

 Hello Friends,  We didn't see any of you at the Paint Out sponsored by the Sedalia center in Bedford, Va.  What a gorgeous ride and gorgeous weather for everyone involved.  Above is Judy Lochbrunner working on her first painting.  She started (almost finished) a second and why I didn't get a photo, I don't know.  I need to make myself a check list for future paint outs.  I don't want you to miss anything.
 This is Linda Scharr with her first piece and I missed her second piece too.  I'm slapping my forehead.  She and Mary Anne were working in oils and you should have seen the gnats stuck to their paintings !!   We thought the gnats liked the flavor of oils at first but then decided they just got stuck and couldn't get off.
 Mary Anne Meador was entertainment for a few fellas.  She painted one Big painting.  And it will be great once she scrapes all the gnats off.  (Actually she said they were coming off easily with a Q-tip)
 And here is me about to start on my second, pre-colored canvas.  This one is the fence row with the red tree you see there on the left.  It turned out OK .  I painted 4 starts.  I recently read that it's more important to get as many "starts" as possible when you go outside to paint.  Makes sense, you never know what might pop up weather wise.
Just had to show you a beautiful rock.  There are a bunch in Matt's Poem Garden.  It is beautiful.

We were really sorry Bonnie Mason couldn't join us.  She is suffering through a cold.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

  1. Waiting to see a Masterpiece Yet..!!Hope your Oil painting will help us to learn something new...

    www.etpainting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, Check back - I'll post a couple paintings done there at the Sedalia Center. Just curious - how did you find our blog? All tidbits will help us become more visible.
    Thanks for your time,Sue

    ReplyDelete