Thursday, February 21, 2013

What's Happening Today?

 Hello Friends,  The DLP had a fun filled day with a model today !  We met at Midge's Lake Clubhouse for our painting session.  Actually, we mostly photographed and sketched.  Mary Anne is the only one to paint.  Why didn't I get some shots of the sketches? ?   Why can't someone remind me to do these things?
 This is a parting shot.  They wanted some photos of our model (her name is Jessi) with an umbrella outside.  I can't wait to see what these artists create from these photos.
,
And here is another stage in the violin paint-up for the Roanoke Symphony !  This side was painted by Linda and I believe I understood that Bonnie is to do the other side.   And I have two chin rests to make over.

I just added Midge Ovenshire's blog to our blog roll, over there on the right side.  Go check it out, its beautiful.
And on another note, our local news channel, WDBJ 7, broadcast about the SPCA's annual Art Show, which will be hanging at the Taubman Museum in downtown Roanoke, starting tomorrow night.  Last year our very own Judith Lochbrunner won Best in Show  and also created a beautiful collage for the poster of this year.

Happy Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment