Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lovely Time at Green Ridge Center

 Hey Friends and Future Classmates,  I know it's late but wanted to share with you some photos from the Ice Cream Social at Green Ridge Rec. Center in Botetourt County today.
 We all had a grand time and a huge bowl of ice cream with brownie and whipped cream !  Yum...
 We, Mary Anne and Sue, talked with a lot of folks about their interest in art and most feel a need to express themselves with a brush or maybe photos.   Mary Anne worked on a collaged ground with rice paper figures and I did 2 very small plein-aire landscapes, only I did them inside on the balcony over looking the beautiful view from the giant glass front of the center.  Loved that place !
This lady (whose name I failed to get-bad Sue) made this beautiful legacy quilt for her mother.  It has a lot of family photos printed on fabric.  A very ambitious project . 
And the staff at Green Ridge is a delight to work with.  I forgot my pliers and one fellow found some for me to open my oil paints and get to work!
Hope to see you all at the next Green Ridge event.

Happy Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment