Thursday, June 19, 2014

Plein Aire Painting at the "Evergreen Lavendar Farm"

 
Hello Friends,  Here are some new shots of us painting at a gorgeous lavender farm today.  A lovely woman named Bonnie gave us free rein to paint anything on her estate today.  Above is Linda, she knows how to make herself comfy for a long days work.  And believe me it is work.  Hot, buggy work that we love so much !  Yay!

 
Here is Bonnie, not the same woman named above.  This Bonnie always makes a beautiful painting, no matter where we land.

 
Here is Judy.  She is a horticulturist so I suspect she was painting some of the gorgeous flower beds.  Probably any plant you can name was seen here.

 
Here is Mary Anne working on a flower bed in pastels.  She is a master with the pastels.  Haven't seen a bad one yet.
 

 
Here is Bonnie the owner of this beautiful place.  And just from the small bit of time we were there, I can tell you she is a hard worker.  Here she is potting up root bound lavender.  Click Here for their website.

 
I just liked these sticks leaned together on a tree, with the names, I presume, of the varieties grown here.  We all want to go back.  I have so much enjoyed this group of women !  We get out, all over this area of Virginia to paint together and genuinely enjoy each others company.
What could be better?
Which prompts me to say (I'm the Blog Master) I've had trouble getting photos out of my camera to use on this blog, so I've missed a couple important events that we wanted to share with you.  BUT  I believe I have found
 the answer to getting DropBox to leave me alone and let me use my photos.  So I will post soon about the fabulous workshop in Calabash, NC.
And I thank my paint buddies for being patient with me.
Happy Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment