Sunday, December 21, 2014

Jefferson Center - Individual Artists - Day Eight - Sue Furrow

 
Hello Friends,  We have finally reached the last artist, Sue Furrow.  This will be the most difficult post.  I have no luck critique-ing my own work.  I will try to be as upbeat as I have been with the other artists in this show.
First off, my favorite pieces are here, the first two.  I feel that these two are reflecting me as I am NOW, in this journey through life.  They are the first attempts at a new way of expressing myself and my love for the beautiful world God was hoping we would take care of.

 
This part of our country, SW Virginia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains is indeed a grand place to live in.  To hike and travel through.  To paint in.  The 1st is a view in the Eagle Rock area, Blue Ridge Vineyard.  This 2nd, is right outside of Roanoke, on Rt.221, "Crystal Spring".

 
The remainder of these paintings were done in the studio, with a lot of preparation and angst.  Trying to follow all the rules.

 
Trying to make them interesting and getting the focal points in the right little golden section.

 
I still like the 2 above with the horse and the cows and the joyful flowers and the happy little trees.
Not too bad for someone that started her journey unprepared and under educated.

 
Wow, look at the direction this one took.  Photos are not my friend.

 
This is a bit dark, mostly because of the nasty camera.  Using some photos and some actual observations up on Mill Mountain, this one is not too bad.

 
This one is actually prettier than it seems.  I doubt if I could have done any better en Plein Air.  The figure is daunting.
So there you have it.  8 Artist in 8 Days.  It will be interesting to do this again in 12 months.  And I hope you are interested enough and curious enough to come back and see us next year at the Jefferson Center in DT Roanoke.
Wishing you a very happy Holiday, with peace, health and happiness, dogging you all the way.
 
Merry Christmas from Mary Anne, Judy, Linda, Bonnie and Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment